Sunday, June 10, 2012

40k Battle Report - Grey Knights vs Chaos Daemons

Grey Knights vs Chaos Daemons - 1600 Points - (June 8th 2012)

I went to my local GW store for some games this past Friday, one gentleman was waiting for a game as well, I asked what he had and he said GK, not my favourite as a Daemon Character I'm not going to lie, but we decided to ply anyway.  He is a really nice guy so it made the "experience of playing GK's" a lot easier.

Here are the lists:

 
Grey Knights
7 Terminators
1 Rhino
1 Gunship
Crowe
10 Grey Knights w/ halbreds, hammers and psycannons
10 Grey Knights w/ halbreds, hammers and psycannons
1 Dreadnaught




Chaos Daemons:
10 Bloodletters - Icon, Instrument of Chaos
10 Bloodletters
10 Bloodletters - Icon, Instrument of Chaos
Skulltaker
Daemon Prince - Wings, Unholy Might, Mark Of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos, Master of Sorcery
Daemon Prince - Wings, Unholy Might, Mark Of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos, Master of Sorcery
3 Bloodcrushers
3 Flamers w/ Bolt of Tzeentch
3 Flamers w/ Bolt of Tzeentch

Daemon Army

Preferred Wave

Second Wave


We rolled off and got Annihilation and Spear head, I won the roll and let him go first.

Daemons preferred wave was the 20 Bloodletters, Skulltaker, Bloodcrushers and 3 Flamers with the second wave being the Princes and 10 Bloodletters, and 3 more Flamers.


Follow the break for rest of the battle report!





Turn 1

GK
He held is terminators in reserves and just had both of his Grey Knight squads in the Rhino and Gunship, and his Dread attached to the Gunship, and Crowe was inside a building.  He moved his Rhino and Gunship up the middle waiting for me to deepstrike down.

Daemons
I rolled a 3 and got my preferred wave, I decided to deepstrike my Flamers of to the far left to keep them out of harms way for the first turn, and then put Skulltaker and his BL's behind a building to the right and the Crushers and other group of BL's behind a building in middle.


Middle/Right of the Board

Left Side


Turn 2


GK
He rolled reserves and failed to have his terminators come in, he moved his Rhino and gunship up a little bit and dropped off the Dreadnaught. He opened fire with everything and killed all my Bloodcrushers.

Daemons
I rolled reserves and got my two Princes and other group of Bloodletters, but failed on the Flamers. I put one Prince and the Bloodletters on the right near skulltaker and the other prince were the Crushers were. I show with BOT (bolt of Tzeentch) but failed to blow anything up.


Prince's Arriving and Bloodletters

Other Prince arriving


Turn 3

GK
He got his reserves roll for this Terminators and them down in the back away from my Bloodletters.  But he scattered 11 inches and was only 1 inch from going off the board. He picked up his Dread and flew back away from my princes with his Gunship.  He took some shots at my unit of Bloodletters in the middle and killed 4.  He also shot his Gunship at my Flamers and killed them.  He also moved Crowe out from behind the building getting ready to engage my Daemon Prince on the right side.


Daemons
I got my reserves roll and risked dropping my other group of Flamers right near his Terminators.  I moved my Prince out from the back up the board a little and the 6 Bloodletters behind him.  I also started to move my other Bloodletters out from behind the building.  My deepstrike got a direct hit and I use Breath of Chaos and killed all 7 of his terminators.  I then shot my BOT from both princes at his gunship and blew it up.  And he lost 2 GK's from the explosion.


Terminators/Drop Shit Destroyed

Bloodletters and Prince making a break for it

Skulltaker moving up to engage Crowe




Turn 4

 

GK
He turned with the GK's from the gunship and killed my 3 Flamers, he then shot everything he had at my Prince in the middle bringing it down to one wound.   He assaulted my Daemon Prince on the right side with Crowe and took a defensive stance, so I did not do any wounds.  (He is planning on dieing, and then using his ability to remove the model from the table).

Daemons
I moved up and assaulted Crowe with my Bloodletters and Skulltaker along with the Daemon Prince.  I also moved my Daemon Prince up the middle a bit more and shot at the Rhino but could not kill it.  In combat with Crowe I managed to kill him and he got off his ability and hit, removing my Daemon Prince from the game.



What Remains of the Daemons

What Remains for the GK




Turn 5

Gk
He pilled out of the Rhino and opened fire against my Bloodletters and skulltaker before charging in.  He also shot his Dread at my Daemon Prince and his other Gk's and killed it.  And moved his Rhino back 12 inches so I could not get the kill point.

Daemons
I Assaulted his unit of GK's that were in the Rhino with my Bloodletters and moved my other group up, but it was to little to late, I had nothing that could kill his Dread and his Rhino was running away. 



End of Turn 5, not looking good for the Daemons




Turn 6 

We rolled and got a 2 thus ending the game.

Daemon Dead Pile

Gk Dead Pile
Daemons
I could not have been a lot more aggressive with my Bloodletters, i tend to hold them back so they do not get shot up, but then I have a hard time getting them into combat. I think I should use them as a shield for my Princes so they can destroy the vehicles.



GK
He played a smart game, using Crowe to destroy my Daemon prince was a smart move, because I would have been able to charge his Dreadnaught or Rhino and blow it up with no issues.

Game over - Final Score Grey Knights 7, Daemons4

This was a fun game, he was a really nice guy which made the game much more enjoyable, even when he had preferred enemy all game >.>
The first star for the Daemons I would say was 135 points of Flamers and took out over 400 points of Terminators.
For the GK's I would say the first star was probably his unit of GK's in the Rhino, the killed a unit of Bloodletters, Skulltaker, and my Bloodcrushers.

Daemon Three Stars:
*     Flamers
**   Daemon Prince (Blew up Gunship)
*** 10 Bloodletters (Killed the Rhino GK's)


Grey Knights Stars:
*     10 GK's in the Rhino
**   Crowe
*** Dreadnaught

Skulls reaped for the skull throne: 22
Skulltaker collected: 0

Thanks for reading this battle report, I hope to have more available to you soon, please leave comments and opinions below!

- Brendan



No comments:

Post a Comment