Sunday, June 10, 2012

40k Battle Report - Blood Angels vs Chaos Daemons

Blood Angels vs Chaos Daemons - 1600 Points - (June 8th 2012)

Second Game of the night, we only had 1.5 hours to run this game so I decided to play more aggressively to speed up the game and give that tactic a shot.  I played the same guy last week and he beat me that game, so it was time for revenge.

Here are the lists:

 
Grey Knights
1 Gunship
1 Land Raider
1 Vindicator
1 Dreadnaught
5 Death Company
5 Death Company, with Chaplin in the Land Raider
Astorath the Grim
10 Man Tactical Squad



Chaos Daemons:
10 Bloodletters - Icon, Instrument of Chaos
10 Bloodletters
10 Bloodletters - Icon, Instrument of Chaos
Skulltaker
Daemon Prince - Wings, Unholy Might, Mark Of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos, Master of Sorcery
Daemon Prince - Wings, Unholy Might, Mark Of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos, Master of Sorcery
3 Bloodcrushers
3 Flamers w/ Bolt of Tzeentch
3 Flamers w/ Bolt of Tzeentch



Blood Angels Deployment

Daemon Deployment




We decided on Annihilation and pitch battle to speed things along. I won the roll and let him go first.

Daemons preferred wave was the 20 Bloodletters, Skulltaker, Bloodcrushers and 3 Flamers with the second wave being the Princes and 10 Bloodletters, and 3 more Flamers.


Follow the break for rest of the battle report!





Turn 1

Blood Angels
He moved up all his units getting ready to engage my Daemons.


Daemons
I rolled a two and got my second wave (this ended up working out really well).  I decided you only live once and I went full on aggressive with my Deepstriking.  I put my flamers behind his death company and Astorath, my Prince behind his tactical squad and my other Prince behind his Gunship.
All of my deep strikes got a direct hit.  You can see were this is going, I use Breath of Chaos from the Flamers on his Death Company and killed all of them but Astorath.  I then use Breath of Chaos and Bolt of Tzeentch on his Tactical squad and killed 6 out of the 10.  I then use Bolt of Tzeentch on his Gunship and blew it up, and rolled a 6 on the Dreadnaught causing a Glancing hit and stunned it.


Death Company and Tac Squad taking massive losses

Gunship Down and Dread Stunned



Turn 2

Blood AngelsHe shot at my Daemon Prince with his 4 Remaining Marines, he moved his Vindicator up and templated my Bloodletters but I rolled amazingly and only 2 died.  He then flew Astorath over to my Prince and after some shooting assaulted it.  In combat the Prince and Astorath managed to kill each other. He also took his Death Company out of the LR and shot down my Flamers with help from the LR.

Daemons
I rolled reserves and everything came in except Skulltaker's group, I plunked everything in the middle of the board and had no mishaps.  I then flew my Daemon Prince over behind the stunned Dread and blew it up with Bolt of Tzeentch.  I charged the vindicator with my Bloodletters and destroyed its weapon and immobilized it.  I also breath of Chaos/Bolt of Tzeentch the land raider with my Flamers and destroyed its twin linked lascannon and one heavy flamer weapon.



Daemons coming in the middle

Dread Destroyed and Vindicator assaulted.




Turn 3

Blood Angels
He moved his land raider and Death company over and assaulted into my Flamers, he also shot at the prince with his LR but failed to do any wounds.  I rolled really well and only 2 flamers died in the combat.  I attacked the Vindicator again but failed to do anything.


Daemons
I got my reserves roll for the Bloodcrushers and Skulltaker/Bloodletters, I put them in the middle of the board, I also assaulted his Death Company with my unit of 10 Bloodletters.  And assaulted his vindicator again, this I managed to blow it up.  In combat with his Death company I killed all of his death company and lost a few Bloodletters and my Flamer lived, along with his Chaplin.  I moved my Daemon Prince over closer to assault his LR.





All thats left for the Blood Angels

Vindicator Destroyed

Turn 4

 

Blood Angels
Combat continued and I failed to kill his Chaplin and he failed to kill my Flamer.  He shot his LR weapons at my Bloodcrushers but failed to do anything.

Daemons
I assaulted his Chaplin with my Bloodcrushers and finished him off.  I also assaulted his LR with my prince and managed to stun it.


Chaplin making his last stand with Daemon Prince assault the LR

Turn 5

Blood Angels
He only had his LR left and it could only shoot one weapon so he shot at my flamer but failed to kill it.  My prince assaulted his LR again but failed to do anything.

Daemons
I Assaulted his LR again and killed one more weapon.



He is starting to pack up his models while the LR holds on



Turn 6 

We rolled and the game continued.

Blood Angels

He only had his LR left and it could only shoot one weapon so he shot at my flamer but failed to kill it.  My prince assaulted his LR again but failed to do anything.


Daemons
I Assaulted his LR again and stunned it.




Still hacking away at the LR




Turn 7

We rolled and the game continued.

Blood Angels
He only had his LR left and it could only shoot one weapon so he shot at my flamer and actually killed it this time.  My prince assaulted his LR again but failed to do anything.



Daemons
I Assaulted his LR again and just stunned it again. 

Finally that Flamer goes down

Game over - Final Score, Daemons 7, Blood Angels 3



Daemons
I had a lot of really lucky rolls, I mean really lucky on turn 1 which basically won me the game.


Blood Angels
He got really unlucky on turn 1 and I managed to kill half his army and I made 90% of the saves I needed to make it.  Overall the game could have gone either way, if I misshaped at all on turn 1 it would have been over.



This was a fun game, (probably more so for me) but it got to the point were we would both just laugh because he knew my rolls were going to be amazing.  But we both had good laughs and no one was mad at anyone.
The all star for the Daemons I would say was Daemon Prince on the far left side, that blew up the Gunship, the Dreadnaught, and took out everything on the Land Raider.
For the GK's I would say the first star was probably his LR, he survived the whole game and killed the most units.

Daemon Three Stars:
*     Daemon Prince with Green sword
**   3 Flamers that killed the Death Company
*** 10 Bloodletters that killed the Vindicator


Sisters Stars:
*     Land Raider
**   Astorath
*** Death Company/Chaplin

Skulls reaped for the skull throne: 25
Skulltaker collected: 0

Thanks for reading this battle report, I hope to have more available to you soon, please leave comments and opinions below!

- Brendan



No comments:

Post a Comment