Saturday, June 16, 2012

40k Battle Report - 500 point Combat Patrol Tournament

The local GW store held a combat patrol tournament this week end, the rules are simple:
No named characters
Nothing with a 2+ Armour save
Nothing with more then 2 Wounds
Nothing with more then 33 Armour value all round
At least one troop choice

So I decided to enter and bring some Daemons to the party.  I got the rules wrong and thought you had to bring one HQ and one Troop choice, so I would have liked to bring 3 Flamers instead of my Herald of Khorne but oh well.

Here is the list I brought:
8 Bloodletters
8 Bloodletters
3 Bloodcrushers w/ Fury of Khorne and Instrument of Chaos
Herlad of Khorne /w Iron hide, Unholy Strength

I did not get any pictures for this because the games were fast and there was so much going on.

My preferred wave is:
8 Bloodletters
3 Bloodcrushers w/ Fury of Khorne and Instrument of Chaos

Second Wave: 
8 Bloodletters
Herlad of Khorne /w Iron hide, Unholy Strength


Follow the break for rest of the battle report!








Game One:

Necrons vs Chaos Daemons

His list was 34 Necron warriors, we played pitched battle and seize ground.  The objectives were one in the middle, on the right and one on the left.

Turn 1

Necrons:
He deployed his warriors, one on the left, one of the right, and one in the middle and then moved up.

Daemons:
I rolled a 4 and deep striked my Bloodletters on the right behind a building and my Bloodcrushers on the left. 


Turn 2

Necrons:
He moved his warriors up but had nothing to shoot at.

Daemons:
I failed my reserve roll, but my bloodletters on the right were in charge range so I managed to get into combat, I won combat but he made his leadership.


Turn 3

Necrons:
He moved up the middle and got the objective in the middle and moved his warriors on the left up a bit more.

Daemons:
I got my reserve roll and put the herald/bloodletters in the middle of board next to the center objective, we did the combat again and this time I managed to kill him and over run him.  I consolidated them back into the objective on the right.

Turn 4

Necrons:
He shot at my Bloodletters in the middle and only killed 2 and then moved his warriors on the left and shot at my Bloodcrushers and did one wound.

Daemons:
I assaulted his his unit on warriors in the middle and his warriors on the right with my Bloodcrushers, I won combat with my Bloodletters and over ran him after he failed his leadership and then did the same with my Bloodcrushers.


Game over:

This was a fun game but I felt bad for the other player he failed a ton of his shooting, but its happened to me before its just the way the game goes some times.

Skulls for the Skull Throne: 34

Game Two

Necrons vs Chaos Daemons (Different Player)

His list was 10 Immortals, 6 Wraiths and a new flier for this game we played spear head and annhilation.  He won the roll and went first.  This board was not in my favour and had no cover on it :(

Turn 1

Necrons:
He deployed his warriors in the flier and put it in the middle and put his wraiths in front, he moved all his units up the middle.

Daemons:
I rolled a 4 and deep striked my Bloodletters on the right and my Bloodletters on the left. 

 

Turn 2

Necrons:
He moved his wraiths up 6 inches and his flier up and shot at my Bloodcrushers and did one wound.

Daemons:
I failed my reserve roll, and the moved my Bloodletters and Bloodcrushers as close as I could get.

Turn 3

Necrons:
He moved his wraiths over towards my Bloodletters on the left and also his Flier and then deployed his Immortals and and shot them down to 2.

Daemons:
I got my reserve roll and put them behind his Wraiths and then moved up as close as I could but I was 1/2 a inch of out assault range for my Bloodletters.

Turn 4

Necrons:
He put his immortals back in the flier and flew 12 inches away and took shots at unit with my Heral, and killed 6.  He assaulted my unit of Bloodletters with the Herald with his wraiths and killed them all but my herald which failed to do any wounds.

Daemons:
I assault his Wraiths with my 2 Bloodletters and managed to kill one, and they and my herald died.

Turn 5

Necrons:
He moved over and shot up and killed one Bloodcrushers and did one more wound to another.  He then assaulted with his Wraiths and finished them off.


Game over:
A little less fun then the last game :P but overall was not to bad, that is a game were shooting would be very good, but its also a little annoying to have a full melee army beaten by Necrons in close combat >.>

Skulls for the Skull Throne: 1

Game Three

Space Marines vs Chaos Daemons

His list was 5 man devastator squad, 5 man tactical squad and another 5 man tactical squad with a librarian.  This game was pitched battle and capture ground.

Turn 1

Space Marines:
He deployed 5 tactical squad on his objective in his deployment area, devastator squad in a bastion and his other 5man with his librarian in the middle.

Daemons:
I got my preferred wave and put my Bloodcrushers in the middle behind cover, and then put my Bloodletters to the right just next to his bastion.


Turn 2

Space Marines:
He shot with his devastator squad at my Bloodletters and killed 2, he also moved his Lib unit up the middle.

Daemons:
I did not get my reserve roll, I then moved up to the base of the bastion and then managed to roll a 6 on my assault to get into combat, I managed to kill them all in combat, but only leaving 4 alive.  I moved my Bloodcrushers up the middle.


Turn 3

Space Marines:
He shot at the marines on the bastion and killed 2 more, and then moved his Lib up and left his unit of Marines which went for my objective.  He cast two physic powers and gave himself quickness and strength 6.  He assaulted my Bloodcrushers, failed to kill any and then died to them.

Daemons:
I got my reserve roll and put down right in front of his 5 man squad holding his objective.  I also moved my 2 Bloodletters off the Bastion. I then assaulted his 5 man squad going for my objective and wiped them out.

Turn 4

Space Marines:
He shot at my unit of Bloodletters with the herald and killed 2.

Daemons:
I assaulted with both unit of Bloodletters and managed to kill them all, thus ending the game.

Game over:
I think he put many points into his librarian and in the end did not have enough left to deal with anything else.  Also his devastator squad did not get to do much as they died in the second turn.

Skulls for the Skull Throne: 16

Tournament Results


My record for the Tournament was 2-1, I am not sure were I finished, I had to leave and they were going to play a extra round, I believe it was supposed to be three rounds but people wanted to keep going, tie breakers were determined by how many kill points you had, and I had 8 total.  

It was a fun day, I think I would have done better in the second game if I had my flamers instead of my herald, that Breath of Chaos would have really done some damage to the wraiths, but that is how it goes, maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment